General Privacy Notice
This privacy notice sets out how Infrastructure New Zealand (“we” or “us”) collect, use, and disclose information collected through your use of our websites and digital platforms (the “Platforms’) and in connection with your attendance at our events, conferences and delegations (the ‘Events’), and any other interactions with you. We may also collect, use and disclose information to the extent applicable law does not prohibit it.
1. What kind of Information do we collect?
Information we collect may include personal information about you. The personal information we collect may include your name, job title, organisation, date of birth, addresses, location, email address, telephone numbers, payment details, identification, gender, marital status, passport details, emergency contact, medial information, dietary requirements, information on your use of our services, and your photo or video recordings of you from our Events.
2. Collection of Information: The information collected by us may include personal information:
a provided by you through registering
an account on the Platforms, submitting an online form, request for
information, survey or application through the Platforms or otherwise
submitting information to us through the Platforms or post or upload to the
You may provide information to be published or displayed (“posted”) on public areas of the Platforms, or transmitted to other users of the Platforms or third parties (collectively “User Contributions”). If you use any [discussion forum] feature on the Platforms, be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit there can be viewed and used by other Platforms users. Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of those with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions.
3. Consequences for failure to provide: Failure to provide necessary personal information when requested may result in you not being able to (without limitation):
register an account, which is required to be a
member of Infrastructure New Zealand;
4. Automatic Data Collection Technologies: As you navigate through and interact with the Platforms, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns. Some of this information may be linked to you personally. This information helps our Platforms function correctly, helps us understand the needs of our users and may be used for the other purposes set out in this privacy notice. Examples of this information include:
website related traffic data, location data,
logs and other communication data;
5. Other Tracking Technologies: We may advertise in a number of ways, including online through managed social media presences, and on other unaffiliated sites and mobile applications. To understand how our advertising campaigns are performing, and better understand the visitors to our Platform, we may collect certain information via our Platforms through our advertising service providers. We or our vendors use several common online tracking tools to collect information about our users, such as browser cookies, web beacons, and other similar technologies. The information we collect includes IP addresses, the number of page visits, pages viewed via our Platforms, search engine referrals, browsing activities over time and across other websites following your visit to one of our Platforms or applications, and responses to advertisements and promotions on the websites and applications where we advertise.
7. Social Media and APIs: Our Platforms include social media features such as the LinkedIn follow button and twitter or interactive programs that run on our site. These features may collect your IP address, which pages you visit on our site, and how long for. If you're a member of a social media site, the interfaces may allow the social media site to connect your visits to this site with other personal information. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Platform. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy notice of the third party providing it and to the maximum extent permitted by lawwe accept no responsibility for the actions of those third parties.
We may provide an application programming
interface (API) to enable third party applications to interface with our
Platforms. Some applications enable you to interact with us through the API in
a way that requires you to log in. To do this, most of these applications will
direct you through a process where you are able to let the application connect
to your account.
8. Use of information: Your personal information may be used by us (and our employees, officers, agents, contractors and affiliates as defined below) for any purpose which is stated to you at the time of collection or that you otherwise authorise and for the following purposes:
to communicate with you;
9. Information Sharing and Disclosure: We:
may disclose information about you, to our affiliates
(which means any person or other entity which directly or indirectly controls,
is controlled by or is under common control with us) for the purposes set out
in section 8 above;
10. Data Storage: Any personal information that you provide to us will be collected and held by us at Level 16, 191 Queen Street, Auckland 1010.
11. Data Access and Correction: Under the Privacy Act 1993, you have rights of access to and correction of personal information that we hold. This can be done by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to PO Box 7244, Wellesley Street, Auckland 1141, New Zealand.
12. Events, Conferences and Delegations: We will collect personal information if you participate in or attend our Events. We collect this information in order to facilitate, manage and run our Events. We may disclose such information to third parties, such as agents, contractors and service providers in order to facilitate, manage and run our Events. We may also use and disclose this information as set out in this privacy notice. If the information is not fully supplied you may not be able to attend our Events.
If you provide us with the names and contact details of any other people that you would like to attend or participate in our Events, we will also collect this information. You promise that you have their permission to provide us with this information and for us to use if for this purpose.
13. Competitions: We will collect personal information provided by you if you participate in our promotions and competitions. We collect this information in order to conduct the promotion or competition. We may disclose such information to third parties, such as agents, contractors, service providers and prize suppliers to conduct the promotion or competition. We may also use and disclose this information as set out in this privacy notice. Entry is conditional on providing this information. If the information is not fully supplied the entry may be void.
If you provide us with the names and contact details of any other people that you would like to have participate in our contests or promotions, we will also collect this information. You promise that you have their permission to provide us with this information and for us to use if for this purpose.
14. Commercial electronic messages: If you provide us with electronic contact details, you agree that we may send you commercial electronic messages (e.g. texts and emails) for any of the purposes set out in this privacy notice.
15. Changes in Privacy notice: We reserve the right to make changes to our privacy notice or alter our Platforms’ functionality. Any changes made will be updated in this privacy notice accordingly, so we encourage you to review the policy for the latest information on our privacy practices.
16. Contact Details: If you have any questions about our privacy notice, or any other matter, please feel free to contact us. You can reach us in one of the following ways:
This privacy notice was last updated on 14 March, 2019.